Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
AAAs are diagnosed every year in the U.S.
mortality rate associated with a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm
The Eon Advantage
Many AAAs are discovered incidentally during testing for other conditions. Others may be found during preventive screening for patients with a family history of aneurysms or those who have risk factors like smoking or high blood pressure.
EPM identifies and extracts pertinent information from radiology reports and automatically communicates the next steps to providers and patients.
- Achieves high precision outputs and limits the number of false positives
- Extracts AAA size and finding classifications (e.g., potential aneurysm, ectasia, post-repair status)
- Enters AAA patients into the EPM dashboard for serial surveillance and screening reminders
Whether surgery or regular screening is determined to be the best course of action, AAA patients require long-term serial surveillance to reduce the risk of dissection or rupture.
Approximately 90% of patients only need routine screening and longitudinal tracking, EPM automates repetitive tasks allowing FTEs to spend more time on patient care and less time on admin.
- Ensures patients are tracked and followed according to Society for Vascular Surgery guidelines
- Automates reminders for exams and procedures
- Prioritizes high-risk patients and triggers follow-up for low-risk patients
- Streamlines serial surveillance with proprietary tools that “listen” for exams/procedures to be scheduled and notify providers if they are not
AAA Screening and Surveillance Protocol
|Max Aortic Diameter
|Annual Rupture Risk
|<= 2.5 cm
|Negative, no follow-up required
|> 2.5 cm but < 3 cm
|Once every 10 years
|>= 3.0 cm to 3.9 cm
|Once every 3 years
|>= 4.0 cm to 4.9 cm
|Once every 12 months
|>= 5.0 cm to 5.4 cm
|Men: Once every 6 months; elective repair if > 1.0 cm increase over a year
Women: elective repair
|>= 5.4 cm
|Elective fusiform repair (men)
Glean real-time insight into your AAA program with real-time analytics.
- View key metrics and activity by tracking trends and measuring program growth
- See complex patient management data in a whole new way
- Increases capture, drive downstream revenue, and prove program ROI
Automate, track, and archive communication from one convenient location. Get all documentation done from an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Create unlimited custom letters with drag and drop tools
- Batch fax, print, or email all communication with a single click
- Consolidate all contact information and always know who and when to contact
Best-In-Class Solution and Support
From security, to implementation, to client support—Eon’s got you covered with:
- HIPAA, HITECH Act, and SOC 2 Type II compliance
- A cloud-based, AWS-hosted solution that requires no new hardware or on-premise maintenance
- No workstation software loads
- VPN connectivity to a HL7 feed from the EHR to AWS, can also include bi-directional HL7 integration (EPM to EHR) for integration of patient and provider letters in the EHR
- Software updates and upgrades seamlessly rolled out free of charge
- Multi-site deployment for hospital systems and IDNs with multiple facilities
- Unlimited user access to the application with no additional cost
- Quick implementation with ongoing client support
- Less than 1-minute customer support response time
Ready to identify, track, and improve outcomes for patients at risk for future disease? Get started with your demo and ensure no patient falls through the cracks.