Incidental Thyroid Nodules
Identify. Track. Impact.
Thyroid nodules are present in about half of adults over the age of 60. Most are small, asymptomatic, and noncancerous, but they should be evaluated to determine appropriate follow-up.
Eon’s Essential Patient Management (EPM) offers the most powerful solution to identify incidental thyroid nodules from radiology reports, automate screening for those with a family history or genetic risks, and longitudinally track patients according to the American College of Radiology (ACR) guidelines.
new cases of thyroid cancer in the United States each year
of thyroid nodules are asymptomatic
The Eon Advantage
Using proprietary data science models, Eon offers the most sophisticated approach to positively capture incidentally identified thyroid abnormalities with 95.4% accuracy. Eon’s model identifies incidental thyroid nodules on Computed Tomography (CT), Ultrasound (US), Magnetic Resonance (MR), Fluoroscopy and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) studies.
Eon EPM for Incidental Thyroid Nodules
Features and Attributes
EPM identifies and extracts pertinent information from radiology reports and automatically communicates the next steps to providers and patients.
- Detects incidental thyroid nodules noted in radiology reports
- Enters patient information into the EPM dashboard for serial surveillance
- Does not require radiologists to use structured reports
Ninety-five percent of thyroid nodules are asymptomatic and only need routine screening and longitudinal tracking. EPM automates repetitive tasks allowing FTEs to spend more time on patient care and less time on admin.
- Ensures patients are tracked and followed per evidence based guidelines (ACR, AUS, ATA).
- Automates reminders for exams and procedures
- Prioritizes high-risk patients and triggers follow-up for low-risk patients
- Streamlines serial surveillance with proprietary tools that “listen” for exams/procedures to be scheduled and notify providers if they are not
TI-RADS Reporting System
|TR 1 (0pts)||Benign, no follow-up|
|TR 2 (2pts)||Not suspicious, no follow-up|
|TR 3 (3pts)||Mildly suspicious, tissue sampling if > 2.5cm, follow with thyroid US at 1, 3 and 5 years if > 1.5cm|
|TR 4 (4-6pts)||Moderately suspicious, tissue sampling if > 1.5cm, follow with thyroid US at 1, 2, 3 and 5 years if > 1.0cm|
|TR 5 (7+pts)||Highly suspicious, tissue sampling if > 1.0cm, follow with annual thyroid US (for 5 years) if > 0.5cm|
TI-RADS Scoring System
Mixed Solid Cystic (1)
Very hypoechoic (3)
Extra-thyroidal Extension (3)
Comet-tail artifact (0)
Peripheral rim (2)
Glean real-time insight into your thyroid program with real-time analytics.
- View key metrics and activity by tracking trends and measuring program growth
- See complex patient management data in a whole new way
- Increases capture, drive downstream revenue, and prove program ROI
Automate, track, and archive communication from one convenient location. Get all documentation done from an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Create unlimited custom letters with drag and drop tools
- Batch fax, print, or email all communication with a single click
- Consolidate all contact information and always know who and when to contact
Best-In-Class Solution and Support
From security, to implementation, to client support—Eon’s got you covered with:
- HIPAA, HITECH Act, and SOC 2 Type II compliance
- A cloud-based, AWS-hosted solution that requires no new hardware or on-premise maintenance
- No workstation software loads
- VPN connectivity to a HL7 feed from the EHR to AWS, can also include bi-directional HL7 integration (EPM to EHR) for integration of patient and provider letters in the EHR
- Software updates and upgrades seamlessly rolled out free of charge
- Multi-site deployment for hospital systems and IDNs with multiple facilities
- Unlimited user access to the application with no additional cost
- Quick implementation with ongoing client support
- Less than 1-minute customer support response time