Lung Cancer Screening
Automate. Track. Submit.
Lung cancer screening is onerous, time-consuming, and rife with manual data collation and entry. But it doesn’t have to be.
Eon’s lung cancer screening software is engineered to automate routine LCS management tasks without disrupting radiology workflows. Eon EPM empowers FTEs to focus on patients with significant Lung-RADS scores by triaging patients by risk and automating the longitudinal care and communication with patients at low risk. This dramatically improves patient outcomes and boosts screening programs’ bandwidth with a fully compliant lung cancer screening solution.
Americans are eligible
have been screened
The Eon Advantage
Lung Cancer Screening Solution
Ninety percent of your lung cancer screening patients only need annual LDCTs. So why are your FTEs spending as much time on those patients as they are on patients who need more advanced care coordination?
Eon automates repetitive lung cancer screening tasks so FTEs spend more time with patients who need true care coordination—driving downstream revenue and better patient outcomes.
hospital FTEs workload is not related to patient care
of healthcare tasks can be automated
Eon’s comprehensive lung cancer screening software is the ONLY solution that:
- Does not disrupt radiology workflow or require change in radiologist read
- Extracts nodule size, smoking history, and other non-discrete data
- Collates and automates ALL required CMS and LCSR required fields
- Automates tracking for ALL Lung-RADS scores in one dashboard
- Listens for pertinent follow-up exams, including unscheduled and emergency
- Automates FTE workflow with proprietary follow-up logic
- Sends a weekly adherence report to track recommended follow-ups
- Uses proprietary logic to automate patient and provider communication
Save Time, Achieve More
Lung Screening Management.
time saved with
Spent Per Patient
time saved with
Spent Per Patient Per Year
Looking for a solution to identify and track incidental pulmonary nodules? Eon does that too.
“This software is amazing! Eon is very user friendly and in just a few days has made our lives so much easier, especially being able to take away all of the manual work!”
Felicia Troutman, MBA, Practice Manager, Owensboro Health
“I went from doing everything on spreadsheets to doing everything on the Eon dashboard. The notification section is a big help in tracking my patients. The communication section is simply wonderful.”
Linda Odell, Assistant Manager Radiology, Sovah Health Martinsville - Lifepoint
“Eon has definitely been a lifesaver when it comes to our lung cancer screening program. I really like the new version of Eon EPM and the changes Eon has made to the program.”
Michelle Van Hall, Nurse Navigator, Metro Health
What’s In It For You?
A lung cancer screening solution for everyone.
Navigators & Coordinators
- Automate longitudinal care coordination
- Submit to clinical registries with one mouse click
- Prioritize the highest risk patient populations
- Receive notifications for patients who need diagnostic workup
- Automate and trigger follow-up communication
Providers & Clinicians
- Screen eligible patients
- Ensure adherence and follow-up
- Improve patient outcomes
- Collaborate and practice with confidence
- No disruption in workflow
- No mandated structured report
- Patient follow-up adherence
- Capture more patients, reduce leakage
- Drive downstream revenue
- Optimize FTEs and focus on patient care
Eon Lung Screening
Features and Attributes
Computational Linguistics is the most advanced form of data science to understand text and the linguistic structure of English. With Eon’s Computational Linguistics, your radiologists aren’t required to use a structured report (unless they want to!).
- Extract non-discrete data like Lung-RADS, smoking history, S-Findings, and DICOM information
- Extract single or multiple nodules, max size, laterality, lobe, shape/border characteristics, and growth from radiology reports
- Segment patients by risk and automate follow-up requirements
- Backload and audit all historical LCS patient registries to ensure 100% CMS adherence
The More You Know
Eon is always on—working in the background, reviewing radiology reports without disrupting radiologist workflow, and extracting essential information from radiology reports. Eon’s Computational Linguistics can extract:
- Lung-RADS Score
- Significant Abnormalities
- Prior Hx of LC (C-Modifier)
- Smoking Status
- Number of Years Since Quit
- Pack Years
- Lung Cancer Signs/Symptoms
- CT Scanner Manufacturer
- CT Dose Index Volume
- Reconstructed Image Width
- Tube Current Time
- Scanning Time
- CT Scanner Model
- Dose-Length Product
- Tube Voltage
- Scanning Volume
- Nodule Characteristics
(e.g., Size, Location, Spiculation, Laterality, Lobe, # of Nodules, Growth and Change, Calcification)
Put game-changing lung cancer screening software and follow-up tracking to work with a guideline-based, flexible solution.
- Automate reminders for exams and procedures so your FTEs instantly know what’s already been scheduled and what still needs to be scheduled
- Prioritize the 10% of LCS patients who are high-risk and need immediate care coordination, while automating follow-up for the 90% of low-risk patients
- Use Eon’s proprietary “Follow-Up Listener” to automatically track patients and know who has had their exams or procedures and who is at risk for no follow-up
- Automate recommended follow-up for Lung-RADS 1-3 and auto-register Lung-RADS 4+ to a Mobile Nodule Board for group discussion
- Register high-risk patients to a Mobile Nodule Board so on-the-go care providers can communicate and make critical patient decisions at any time
- Receive a weekly adherence report to ensure patients are scheduled for recommended follow-up
- Track patient treatment over time on one intuitive and easy-to-use dashboard
How does Eon automate Lung-RADS scores?
All patients tracked per Lung-RADS Version 1.1
|Lung-RADS Score||Eon EPM Advanced Logic|
|0||Alerts the end-user of an unsuccessful test to prompt reorder.|
|1 & 2||Automates all expected exams and communicates with patients and providers.|
|3||Automates all expected exams and communicates with patients and providers.|
|4A||Automates all expected exams and communicates with patients and providers.|
|4B & 4X||Triages patients and sends them to a Mobile Nodule Board for review by a multidisciplinary team.|
Data Entry and Submission
Eon collates all required data per the LCSR
Remove time-consuming tasks, automatically tracking patients, and one-click submit required data into any approved registry.
- Eliminate tedious data entry and complete hours of entry in minutes
- Integrate Eon’s technology seamlessly into any complex IT environment
- Collate information from disparate software systems and submit all required registry information to the Lung Cancer Screening Registry (LCSR), I-ELCAP, and other clinical trial registries in seconds
- One-click submit all patient data via an end-point API without manually logging into the NRDR or uploading CSV files to the registry
- Ensure data submission and compliance with real-time acknowledgment back from the LCSR
- Provide checks and balances so no entry has an LCSR submission with missing data or out of range variables.
- Comply with all CMS and LCSR requirements for Lung Cancer Screening and LDCT submission
- Enable user provisioning to allow users to perform certain duties within the Eon dashboard
- Simplify compliance of complex dependencies with optional, conditional, and required data fields
- Be audit-ready with data-submission tools that include NRDR confirmation of accepted data and take the guesswork out of LCSR submission
Data Submission Simplified
CMS requires 10+ data elements. The LCSR requires 29+. Let Eon automate all of it.
Track trends and measure growth—with no setup required—to glean real-time insight into lung cancer screening program analytics.
- View key metrics of lung cancer screening and activity by tracking trends and measuring program growth
- See complex patient management data in a whole new way with powerful visualizations that bring data to life
- Increases capture, drive downstream revenue, and prove program ROI/impact with real-time analytics
Automate, track, and archive communication from one convenient location. Get all documentation done from an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Use proprietary logic to automate patient and provider communication
- Create unlimited custom letters with drag and drop tools
- Batch, fax, print, or email all communication with a single click
- Track who has been contacted, when they were contacted, and how they contacted
- Consolidate all contact information and always know who and when to contact —with the right information at your fingertips
Best-In-Class Solution and Support
From security, to implementation, to client support—Eon’s got you covered with:
- HIPAA, HITECH Act, and SOC 2 Type II compliance
- A cloud-based, AWS-hosted solution that requires no new hardware or on-premise maintenance
- VPN connectivity to a one-way HL7 feed from the EHR to AWS
- Software updates and upgrades seamlessly rolled out free of charge
- Multi-site deployment for hospital systems and IDNs with multiple facilities
- Unlimited user access to the application with no additional cost
- 7-day implementation with ongoing client support
- Less than 2-minute customer support response time
The Eon Edge
Learn more about how Eon took on modern medicine and developed the most superior lung cancer screening solution on the market today.