The Lung Nodule Coordinator manages the daily operations and workflows of the Lung Nodule program in conjunction with identified provider (s) and administrative leadership. The focus of this role will be to manage and follow up on lung nodules found through various avenues including, but not limited to high-risk lung screenings, incidental findings in the Emergency Room and inpatient admissions. The Lung Nodule Coordinator will coordinate the next level of care for the patients with lung nodules and assist patients, clinicians and program stakeholders in the collection, reporting and presentation of program outcomes.
Education and Specific Training
- High School Graduate or GED Required
- Associate Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical or non-clinical healthcare related experience.
- Preferred program management or development experience.
- Preferred clinical/non-clinical roles in Radiology, Pulmonology, or Thoracic Oncology.
Preferred Certification and Licensure
- This role can be filled with an Advanced Provider, RN, LPN, RT, ARRT or MA
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- OPN-CG preferred or obtained with 12 months of hire
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Detail oriented
- Sound decision-making and critical-thinking skills
- Proficient in computer software use/documentation in the electronic health record
- Articulates service and customer relations improvements to ensure patient retention through high commitment to customer service
- Ability to use discretion, good judgement and maintain patient confidentiality
- Identify through utilizing the software, those patients that are overdue for follow up of pulmonary nodules and/or LCS
- Work to resolve the identified patients for follow up, update and document in the software and communicate the same to ordering providers
- Maintain open communication with all ordering providers (PCPs, ARNPs, PAs, Pulmonologists etc.)
- Assist in coordination of Tumor Board Conference